You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2017 — 2021 Members > Hon. Franz Manderson, Cert Hon, JP
Hon Franz Manderson, Cert Hon, JP
- Hon Franz Manderson, Cert Hon, JP
- Ex-Officio Member, Deputy Governor
- Head of the Civil Service
- Government Administration Building, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Mr Manderson joined the Cayman Islands Civil Service in 1981 as an hourly paid worker with the Immigration Department. He was promoted up the ranks of the department and was appointed Chief Immigration Officer in July 2004.
- During his tenure with the Immigration Department he received many awards including the Certificate and Badge of Honor- “for services rendered in the management of the Cuban migrants in the Cayman Islands”, the Governor’s FACE award for excellence in customer service and Person of the Year in 2006 by Cayman Netnews.
- Mr Manderson is an Attorney-at-Law having completed his legal studies at the University of Liverpool. He was called to the Cayman Islands Bar in July 2004. He was appointed a Justice of the Peace in 2008.
- In July 2009 he was promoted to the post of Deputy Chief Secretary in the Portfolio of Internal and External Affairs. Following the coming into effect of the new constitution, which re-named the post of Chief Secretary to Deputy Governor, Mr Manderson’s title changed to Chief Officer. As Chief Officer in the Portfolio he was responsible for an annual budget of approximately $70m and over 800 Staff.
- In 2012 the United Kingdom Secretary of State in consultation with His Excellency the Governor approved the appointment of Mr Manderson as Deputy Governor and Head of the Civil Service.
- Mr Manderson is responsible for the management and performance of the Civil Service which has a budget of over $500m and 3600 Staff. He is a member of Cabinet and is the first official member of the Legislative Assembly.
- Mr Manderson is married to Nuvia and has two children Alyssa age 21 and Franz Jr age 16.