You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2009 — 2013 Members > Hon. Anthony S. Eden, OBE, JP
- Hon. Anthony S. Eden, OBE, JP
- Second elected member for Bodden Town
- Deputy Speaker (19 December 2012 – 2013)
- PO Box 300, Grand Cayman KY1-1501, Cayman Islands
- Anthony Eden is a former merchant seaman and soldier in the U.S. Army. He is also a justice of the peace and the recipient of the OBE for services to the community.
- Mr. Eden has represented the district of Bodden Town since 1992. When Executive Council was enlarged to include five elected Ministers in 1994, Mr. Eden was elected the fifth Minister. He was assigned the portfolio of Health, Drug Abuse Prevention and Rehabilitation, and in 1997 was further assigned the responsibility for Social Welfare. Mr. Eden held these positions until the 2000 elections. Mr. Eden served as the Minister for Health and Human Services again from 2005 to 2009.
- During his term of office, he was instrumental in the construction of the new Cayman Islands Hospital, which was completed in March 1999. At that time, this state of the art hospital was equipped with the best doctors, nurses, management and staff as well as up-to-date cutting edge equipment.
- Anthony is married to Ellen (nee Bodden), and they have two sons. He enjoys farming and sports and is a community-minded person. He has been involved in the upgrading of public buildings, schools, playing fields, beaches, roads and historic sites in Bodden Town.
- He is a founding member of the PPM.