You are here:
Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2009 — 2013 Members > Hon. Alden M. McLaughlin, Jr., MBE, JP
- Hon. Alden M. McLaughlin, Jr., MBE, JP
- Leader of the Opposition
- Third elected member for George Town
- Box 1655, Grand Cayman KY1-1109, Cayman Islands
- Alden McLaughlin was born and raised in George Town where he received his early education.
- He joined the Civil Service in July 1981 as Assistant Labour Officer. In 1982 he was transferred to the Judicial Department and appointed Deputy Clerk of the Court. In 1984 he resigned from the civil service and joined the firm of Charles Adams and Co. as an articled clerk. Mr. McLaughlin graduated from the University of Liverpool (Cayman Islands) in 1988 with a Bachelor of Laws degree and was made partner in Charles Adams, Ritchie and Duckworth in 1993.
- Mr. McLaughlin is a past President of the Caymanian Bar Association of which he has been a member for 16 years. He has been a Lion for more than 16 years and is the immediate Past President of the Lions Club of Grand Cayman.
- He was first elected to the Legislative Assembly in 2000 and is a founding member of the People's Progressive Movement.
- Mr. McLaughlin and his wife Kim are the parents of two sons.