You are here:
Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2009 — 2013 Members > Hon. Dwayne S. Seymour
- Hon. Dwayne S. Seymour
- Third Elected Member for Bodden Town.
- Minister of Community Affairs, Gender & Housing (19 December 2012 - 2013)
- P.O. Box 11038, Grand Cayman KY1-1007, Cayman Islands
- Mr. Seymour is serving his first term in the Legislative Assembly, having been elected in 2009 as the Third Elected Member for the district of Bodden Town.
- Mr. Seymour received his education at Bodden Town Primary School, Cayman Islands Middle School and Cayman Islands High School. Recognizing the value of a good education, he excelled in his studies and earned his aviation certification from the UK Department for Transport. He spent 16 years with Cayman Airways and was promoted to Airport Manager, responsible for coordinating eight major airlines and serving numerous international and regional cities.
- After leaving the airline, Mr. Seymour established APS Security, and has since launched several successful companies. He also participates in youth mentoring programmes, having been a member of the Bodden Town Football Club for more than twenty years and serving in various capacities, including vice president. He was also key supporter of the Be Loud, Be Proud voter registration drive.
- Mr. Seymour was appointed to serve on the Health Insurance Commission Board, Chamber of Commerce Business Expo Board, Prison Inspection Board and Permanent Residency and Status Board. Those experiences have prepared him to contribute as an elected representative. He attends the Bodden Town Webster Memorial United Church with his three children Zachary, Tahiti and Dior.