You are here:
Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2009 — 2013 Members > Capt. A. Eugene Ebanks, JP
- Capt. A. Eugene Ebanks, JP
- Fourth elected member for West Bay
- PO Box 30470 Grand Cayman KY1-1202, Cayman Islands
- Capt. A. Eugene Ebanks is serving his third term in the Legislative Assembly. He is a founding member of the United Democratic Party.
- He is a businessman involved in tourism and owns Bayside Watersports.
- He attended Triple "C" High School to 10th grade then graduated from Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida. He graduated from the American Institute of Aeronautics with his commercial pilot’s license. He served in the US Merchant Marines for four years during the Vietnam War and has served as a Fisheries Officer and a Special Constable.
- He is a past president of the Cayman National Watersports Association and has served on the Marine Conservation Board. He was Captain of Her Majesty’s Queen Elizabeth II Yacht during her fist visit to the Cayman Islands in 1983. He holds a Captain's license from the US Coast Guard and the US Federal Aviation Administration. He is a member of the Cayman Islands Seafarer’s Association.
- He is the father of four grown children, Adrian, Jeana, Melanie & Michelle, and has two grandchildren, Eric and Amie.