You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2009 — 2013 Members > Hon. J. Mark P. Scotland, JP
- Hon. J. Mark P. Scotland, JP
- First Elected Member for Bodden Town
- Minister for Health, Environment, Youth, Sports and Culture
- The Government Administration Building, Grand Cayman
- Mr. Scotland is serving his first term in the Legislative Assembly and his first term as a Minister of Cabinet.
- He is an engineer, having attended Savannah Primary School, Cayman Islands High School and the University of Miami. He worked with the Public Works Department up until 2004, and then started his own small engineering consulting firm and a road and infrastructure development company.
- In 2005 he was an unsuccessful candidate with the United Democratic Party; however, in 2009 he was elected as the First Elected Member for the district of Bodden Town.
- Mr. Scotland is very active in the community, working to improve the lives of young people through various programmes. He is married to Cindy and they have three children.