You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2013 — 2017 Members > Mr Arden McLean, JP
- Mr. Arden McLean, JP
- Member for East End
- PO Box 177 SAV, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands KY1-1501
- Mr. Arden McLean attended the Cayman Islands High School and then went to sea where he spent eight years as a marine engineer. During this period he took the opportunity to continue his formal education at the Seaman's Church Institute in New York and later at the Harriot Watt University in the United Kingdom.
- On his return to Grand Cayman, Mr. McLean joined Caribbean Utilities. During his 18 years with that company he worked in several departments including engineering, systems analysis and customer service. Having reached the level of manager, he retired from CUC in 2000 to enter politics.
- Mr. McLean became a member of the Legislative Assembly in 2000 and served as the Minister of Communications, Works and Infrastructure from 2005 to 2009.
- He is married to Allison (nee Dunkley) and has two children. His interests include reading, football and travelling.