You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Members of the House > 2013 — 2017 Members > Hon McKeeva Bush, OBE, JP
- Hon W McKeeva Bush, OBE, JP
- Appointed Leader of the Opposition - May 2013
- Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA)
- First Elected Member for West Bay
- Premier - Cayman Islands First Premier & Minister of Finance, Tourism and Development (2009 - 2012)
- Leader of the Opposition (2005 - 2009)
- First Constitutional Leader of Government Business (2003 - 2005)
- PO Box 321, West Bay, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- McKeeva Bush has represented the district of West Bay in the Legislative Assembly continuously since 1984. He is the longest serving member and is the"Father of the House".
- Mr Bush has served on Executive Councils (renamed Cabinet in 2003) as the Member (Minister) for Health and Human Services, 1992-94, Minister for Community Development, Sports, Women's and Youth Affairs and Culture, 1994-97, Minister for Tourism, Environment and Transport, 2000-2001, and as Leader of Government Business and Minister for Tourism, Environment, Development and Commerce, 2001-2005.
- In November 2001 he was a founding member and leader of the United Democratic Party.
- For the past twenty-eight (28) years he has served the Cayman Islands as a member of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA). Mr. Bush is, and has served as, the Vice President and Chairman of the Cayman Islands CPA. He is now a Joint Vice President. He has also served as a Regional Representative on the International Executive Committee of the CPA. Young Caymanians have also benefited from his guidance of the CPA, in the formation of the Youth Parliament. He has represented the CPA and the Cayman Islands in Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, the UK, the USA, the Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, BVI. and Barbados.
- A self-employed businessman (realtor), he is married to Kerry, and the couple have one child and three grandchildren.