You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Speakers > Ms. Juliana Y. O’Connor-Connolly, JP
- Ms. Juliana Y. O’Connor-Connolly, JP
- First Elected Member for Cayman Brac and Little Cayman
- In 1997 Mrs. O'Connor-Connolly became Cayman's first woman minister when she was chosen to fill a vacancy on Executive Council as the Minister of Community Affairs, Sports, Women, Youth and Culture. From October 2003 to April 2005 she served as Minister for Planning, Communications, District Administration and Information Technology.
- Speaker of the House from November 2001 to October 2003, she followed the Hon. Sybil McLaughlin and the Hon. Capt. Mabry Kirkconnell (also from Cayman Brac) to become the third Caymanian speaker.
- Mrs. O'Connor-Connolly has been elected to the Legislative Assembly since 1996; she is the first woman to represent the Sister Islands. In November 2001 she was a founding member of the United Democratic Party.
- Born and raised on Cayman Brac, she first pursued a career in teaching but later received a law degree from the University of Liverpool and was a practicing attorney before entering politics.
- She is the mother of Kamaal Connolly and Kimberly Walton, her foster child.