You are here: Homepage > Speakers & Members > Speakers > Hon. Edna M. Moyle, JP, Speaker
- Hon. Edna M. Moyle, JP, Speaker, Deceased
- Elected Member for North Side
- Mrs. Edna Moyle, was a native of North Side and represented that district in the Legislative Assembly from 1992 to 2009.
- She received her tertiary education in Jamaica at Knox College and Suthermere Commercial School.
- She had considerable experience in the legislative affairs of Government having been Secretary to the Administrator of the Cayman Islands from 1966 to 1969 and Deputy Clerk of the Legislative Assembly from 1971 to 1979. She was Deputy Speaker of the Legislative Assembly from 1995 to 2000 and acted as Speaker in 1999.
- Mrs. Moyle was well versed in the principles of democracy and good governance. She represented the Cayman Islands at numerous Commonwealth Parliamentary conferences and seminars in the Caribbean, Canada, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and South Africa.
- As a working mother of five children, she championed the cause of women, children and communities throughout her life. She served as Minister of Community Development, Youth, Sports and Gender Affairs between November 2000 and November 2001.
- Mrs. Moyle was a founding member of the People's Progressive Movement.
Last Updated: 2014-07-01